a sixty-pack box of Swiss Miss™ from Costco®.
- You can add more toppings to hot chocolate than any other beverage (e.g. tea, coffee, juice).
- You can mix it in with your coffee for an added caffeine boost.
- You can drink it during morning for breakfast, and during night for dessert.
- Traditional cocoa is made with milk, but water is a worthy substitute and there’s little difference in deliciousness (albeit less creamier).
- It helps with digestion: It’s not so acidic as coffee, and easier on the stomach.
- You can use chocolate bar base or any other form of chocolate really to make your own from scratch.
- It brings back distinctly fond memories from childhood for me; going to a little family restaurant after preschool with my mom, and always ordering hot, hot cocoa (yeah, of course it’s personal).
- Studies have shown that hot chocolate contains more antioxidants than wine or tea, and thereby reduces the risks of heart disease.
- A cup of cocoa per day can help improve blood flow, and the inner surface of blood vessels (Source: Here).
- It comes in many different styles all around the world, from thick like pudding and served with Churros for breakfast (Spain) to instantly made from a packet of mixed powders (United States). Mexico even has its own traditional version called Champurrado, made with corn dough.
I am forever grateful for this small item of comfort and warmth..